Monday, November 24, 2008

Dessert to Die For!

Ok, so if any of you remember that absoulutely devine dessert I made for the anniversary dinner; you'll want to keep reading. I don't like baked fruit makes me gag if you must know. However I had a piece of this and it is really good! OMG! We're talking eyes rolling to the back of your head, toes curling and strange sounds coming from your lips, yes it's that good! Ok, I'll stop. Now, several ladies asked me for the recipe and I being true to form keep forgetting. So, the next best thing is to post it here of course. Make this for Thanksgiving your family will love you! And here it is what you've all been waiting for, the recipe:

Butterscotch-Apple Cake
adapted from Taste of the South by Noble Pig

1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups finely chopped, peeled apples
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butterscotch morsels
Garnish: caramel sauce and whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degreesIn a large mixing bowl, mix together oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; beat well. Stir in vanilla, apples and pecans. (Mixture will be thick).

Spread mixture evenly in a greased 9 x 13 -inch baking pan. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over top. Bake for 55 minutes.

Cool completely in pan. Garnish each serving th caramel sauce and whipped cream.

If you make this let me know how it goes over. I'd love to hear from you.


Post Signature

No comments: