Monday, December 29, 2008

Why to get the FAECB items even if you don't need them.

Ok, I know many people think why am I going to go get that FREE item if I won't even use it? Yes, I can understand your thinking on this but you have to look beyond that. There is a reason to buy these products especially when there are coupons for them.

What is that reason....overage! You see overage means you can now buy items you do need right then by applying the overage towards that item(s).

How? It's very simple and I'm going to give you an example using one of the transactions I did last Sunday. So let's get started. Our transaction looks like this to begin with:

2 Listerine $5.98
RightGuard $6
2 Crest $5.98
Arm & Hammer $2.99
Benefiber $7.29
Subtotal: $28.24

Qs Used:
$2 Benefiber
$3 Crest
$1 A&H
$4/20 CVS Q
Total $18.24

Now if I pay with $17.47 in ECBs I'd owe .77 OOP, but I'd still make a profit of $10.00 ($28.24-$18.24=$10).

However I decide I need some pampers and want to buy the Mega pack that's on sale for $14.99. Which now means that overage of $10 is going to go towards my pampers and I'm going to use a $1.50 Q for an even sweeter deal.

Now when I pay I can do two things; pay using the amount or close to of ECBs I will be getting back ($28.24) or pay with ECBs getting as close to the total ($31.73) as possible meaning I "burn" around $3.49 in ECBs. Of course if you don't have that amount in ECBs you'll use what you have.

For those who like the breakdown it will now look like this:

2 Listerine $5.98
RightGuard $6
2 Crest $5.98
Arm & Hammer $2.99
Benefiber $7.29
Pampers $14.99
Subtotal: $43.23

Qs Used:
$2 Benefiber
$3 Crest
$1 A&H
$4/20 CVS Q
$1.50 Pampers
Total: $31.73
-$29.46 ECBs
=$2.27 OOP

Earn $28.24 ECBs
Making my cost $3.49 for a Mega pack of Pampers! After doing this it makes me wish I had done this deal. Oh, well I didn't "need" them!

I hope this helps you to understand how getting those FAECB items can be beneficial to you. Think of those things you do need/buy and don't have Qs for or don't go on sale at rock bottom prices this is how you can still get those things at great prices. Also don't forget CVS does sale food items.



Post Signature

No comments: