Thursday, March 5, 2009

4 for $5 Dinner Challenge

I don't know about anyone else but I feel like we can cut our grocery budget down some. I've already lowered by $50 a week, but feel like I can lower it another $50. I have come to realize that the biggest expense is meat.

Well I started reading to see how others are handling there meals on a budget. What I found was that we are eating way to much, portion wise. So, I've decided to cut it down, my family has begrudgingly decided to go along just "to see first".

To go along with cutting the grocery budget I want to see if I can make dinner for $5 or less. I am expecting to go over sometimes cause $5 seems like so little, however I just may surprise myself. I will be sharing my dinner challenge with you all. To start with I'll post at least one recipe a week and will share my results for that week.

Wish me luck!!

Post Signature

No comments: