Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hungry Jack Casserole-4 for $5 Dinner Challenge

My family liked this dish so I will be making it again and next time I will leave out the brown sugar, since it tends to be on the sweet side. I seasoned my ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder. I also halved my biscuits and put half on the bottom spreading them out and pushing them up the sides of the pan. Baked for 5 minutes. then added filling, cheese and remaining biscuits.

Cost breakdown:
$2.99 ground meat
$.59 Pork & Beans
$.05 Brown Sugar
$.10 BBQ Sauce
$.22 Biscuits
$.00 Corn
$.02 garlic powder
$.02 onion powder
$.25 cheese
salt & pepper

Total $4.24

Hungry Jack Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
16 ounces pork & beans
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
6-9 hungry jack flaky biscuits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef and strain. Add next 5 ingredients and heat til bubbly. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. Peel biscuits in half and lay across top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.


Post Signature

No comments: