Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti

For those of you out there who don't like spaghetti, I'm praying for you, because let me tell you; you are missing out! This dish has become a favorite in our family and I know it will be for yours too, unless you're one of the wierd ones who doesn't like spaghetti.

Again, I've made this as per the instructions and being true to myself I've also mixed it up. Let's see I've made it leaving out the vegetables (the family likes it best this way) and using Savory Herbs Cream of Chicken. I also sometimes cheat and use a rotisserie chicken especially if I can get it on manager's special at Krogers. Surely you knew that was coming. Here is the recipe with my changes.



Chicken Spaghetti

Adapted from Pioneer Woman

2 cups cooked chicken
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (or Savory Herbs)
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into two inch pieces
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 additional cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. DO NOT OVERCOOK. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil.)

Yum, think I'm going to have to add this to the week's menu! For those of you who would like to try the original version you can get it here.

Post Signature

No comments: