Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ranch Parmesan Chicken

If you've been following along you know that this week I am trying new recipes. I love trying new recipes but will be more inclined to try it based on reviews. Which is why I thought I would let you know how it turned out and how it tasted.

So, how did this recipe fare? 5 stars!! We all loved this dish, it was sooo good. I did make one change to the recipe in that I used Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs since it was what I had on hand. Next time I will shorten the bake time as it was starting to burn around the edges, thankfully you couldn't taste it.

I will be adding this to my Freezer Menu! For those of you who want to give this recipe a try here it is:

Ranch Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup dry breadcrumbs (you can also use gluten-free)
1/4-1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing (use bottled salad dressing, you might need a bit more dressing)

Directions:
1. In a zip-loc plastic bag, marinade chicken breasts in ranch dressing for at least half an hour
2. Preheat oven to 400° degrees (set oven rack to lowest position)
3. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish
4. In a shallow bowl mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder
5. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing any excess to drip off
6. Coat in the breadcrumb mixture
7. Place in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet or line with non-stick foil (do NOT bake in a smaller baking dish or the bottom of the chicken will be soggy)
8. If desired you can sprinkle black pepper over the chicken pieces
9. Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked)


Post Signature

No comments: